List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Address database for press contacts
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-04-24 10:49:01

Le Mercredi 23 Avril 2003 16:00, Fabrice Mous a écrit :

> Like to hear the opinion about such an entity for the 3 countries
> (BE/NL/LU) and or if I should stick to a dutch and flemish speaking KDE
> community?

My guess is that keeping uptodate a trilingual website is a lot of work. The
kde-france website is mostly done by one volunteer.

The 'France', in KDE-France should be understood in a Napoleonic sense, and we
gladly accept in KDE-France, all French speaking people. We had a French
speaking Swiss wanting to enlist and any French speaking Belgium is welcome
(I don't think we have any yet). If you create a KDE-Benelux, French speaking
Belgium could freely choose in which KDE local organization they feel most
confortable and useful. They can even be member of both organizations.

My feeling (but I'm not a Wallloon) is that a KDE-Benelux, mainly Dutch
speaking, could be a good solution with the four goals of :
- fostering the Dutch speaking KDE community (developpers, translation, PR,
manuals, etc..)
-  Taking care of the infrastructure of KDE Presence in IT shows in the
Benelux (volunteers, booth, selling promotional stuff, etc...)
- Being an entry point for any organization wanting to know more about KDE
(companies, administration, etc.)
- Having fun and make new friends.

You could have on your website, a static trilingual page explaining that, with
links to the French speaking website or the German speaking website and have
the rest of the site in Dutch.

> We need to talk to KDE-France for french promo-material when a 3 country
> entity is preferred.

Yes we have a lot of leaflets left, we will gladly send them to anybody
holding a booth in a French speaking IT show (Belgium, Switzerland, Québec).

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org