Le Mercredi 23 Avril 2003 16:00, Fabrice Mous a écrit : > > Like to hear the opinion about such an entity for the 3 countries > (BE/NL/LU) and or if I should stick to a dutch and flemish speaking KDE > community? > My guess is that keeping uptodate a trilingual website is a lot of work. The kde-france website is mostly done by one volunteer. The 'France', in KDE-France should be understood in a Napoleonic sense, and we gladly accept in KDE-France, all French speaking people. We had a French speaking Swiss wanting to enlist and any French speaking Belgium is welcome (I don't think we have any yet). If you create a KDE-Benelux, French speaking Belgium could freely choose in which KDE local organization they feel most confortable and useful. They can even be member of both organizations. My feeling (but I'm not a Wallloon) is that a KDE-Benelux, mainly Dutch speaking, could be a good solution with the four goals of : - fostering the Dutch speaking KDE community (developpers, translation, PR, manuals, etc..) - Taking care of the infrastructure of KDE Presence in IT shows in the Benelux (volunteers, booth, selling promotional stuff, etc...) - Being an entry point for any organization wanting to know more about KDE (companies, administration, etc.) - Having fun and make new friends. You could have on your website, a static trilingual page explaining that, with links to the French speaking website or the German speaking website and have the rest of the site in Dutch. > > We need to talk to KDE-France for french promo-material when a 3 country > entity is preferred. > Yes we have a lot of leaflets left, we will gladly send them to anybody holding a booth in a French speaking IT show (Belgium, Switzerland, Québec). Cheers, Charles -- cmiramon@kde-france.org http://www.kde-france.org _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.