List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE in top 1.5%
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 2:44:46

Mark Bucciarelli wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 February 2002 19:30, Andreas Pour wrote:
>
> > As a general rule, the
> > problem with merchandise like t-shirts and CDs is ensuring the money and
> > left-overs end up where they should.  This problem will also confront
> > "booth kit" items such as brochures, laptops, displays or anything else
> > of value.
>
> Yes, this is hard.  Either you have to front the inventory and trust
> folks, or require $$ up front from your hardworking volunteers.
>
> I suspect if we set up a good recordkeeping system so you know what is
> given out and what should come back, that will solve much of the
> difficulty.

Hi,

It hasn't, from my experience.

> If that doesn't work, perhaps require volunteers to put down some money to
> be able to get stuff; like a security deposit on their VISA card :).  Why
> not?  Just cancel the deposit when all comes back as expected and figure
> whatever transaction fee this is into the cost of the t-shirts.

This is the most realistic solution (taking a deposit on someone's
credit card and refunding it when the items are returned).  However, I
suspected that this would not be popular, and perhaps might just provide
fodder to critics, of which there already is no shortage.

Let's see if we can get some sort of consensus for this idea here.

Ciao,

Dre