List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness in
From:       Tink <tink () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 18:46:56

At 19:01 +0000 02/20/02, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote in Re: [kde-promo]
Negative feedback about KDE non-openmin:
> I agree 100% with Eva regarding the decisions, the events management and all.
>
> Is there anyone from The League who actually takes part in that
> discussion?????

I don't think you should give the League too much power or credit.
The KDE Leaque is soley a couple of big companies and 2 or 3
developers. The purpose of The KDE Leaque as it says on it's website
'The League will focus on promoting'. So it's got nothing to do with
the daily business or the direction KDE wants to go. I also don't
think it's a good idea to let them tell you how and what you should
do. You don't want the big companies to have too much power over KDE.

The companies in the KDE League who donate money have a big voice in
how that money is going to be spend if I'm correctly informed. As
with most company involvement, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
They all expect to get something out of it. The KDE League focussus
on promoting KDE Desktop at Enterprises and Third Party developers
and less attention goes to the induvidual user(but that's my personal
opinion), it clearly states that it's 'not be directly involved in
developing the core KDE libraries and applications', From which you
can conclude that they do not have any decision power about KDE
developement or as an KDE organization.

KDE Ev, on the other hand is the daily board of KDE. The group where
you should be focussing on and pushing for answers and decisions is
the KDE Ev. They decide what happens with the money KDE receives from
personal donations and are the daily board of KDE.

--
Tink