List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE in top 1.5%
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 14:01:32

He... already in work ;-)
Do you want to help with such a site? I am already working on a
events.kde.org site. But I don't want to handle money stuff (and I also don't
have time for that) - KDE Leage and KDE e.V. still give money. Although it's
not transparent I still prefer it this way.

> I do think there is a need for centralized support of KDE volunteers who
> set up boths and so on.  If KDE League isn't interested in that role (and
> it seems pretty clear from their actions that they are not), why not take
> the Free Software approach and FORK.   A possible mission is to simply
> support KDE volunteers who set up boths at shows.  This is a clearly
> defined and rather small mission, which is a Good Thing (TM).
>
> Maybe a web site that:
>
> (1) keep tabs on all the linux conferences going on around the world
already in planning

> (2) allows volunteers to  indicate that they would like to staff a booth
registration and authentication works already, now the database stuff comes
;-)

> (3) provides a central place for KDE artists to submit their work
good idea, didn't think about that :-)

> (4) (perhaps) maintains a small inventory of glossy brochures
There already exit brochures and posters. We made them for Linuxtag, Germany
last year.

> (5) (perhaps) maintains an inventory of print on demand t-shirt designs
There are already plans to make a deal with Freiberg Net for european fairs.
As with brochures, business cards, posters and T-Shirts we always have the
problem of transports costs, so I think we have to localize teams. Right now
the fairs where we are present are in Europe (largest in Germany) and in USA,
but maybe there are more people interested?
Maybe you can make a deal with Cafepress in the USA. There already exist
T-Shirts for KDE, but beware - I don't know the name of the person who gets
the money, so maybe you should start something new.

> (6) (perhaps) sets up a paypal account for receiving donations for PR.
Well ok, as I said above... not me.

Cheers,
eva