List:       kde-print
Subject:    Printing Plain text from Kmail
From:       Vikas Mishra <vikasm () india ! ti ! com>
Date:       2002-08-23 17:58:19

Folks,

Here is a problem I have been facing for a very long time. I do not use KDE,
just use kmail and find it more convinient to keep a dark gray background and
a light foreground. The problem is when I try to print using kprinter, this
prints in darkbackground and light foreground. It sort of tries to reproduce
the colors that I see in kmail.

Isnt their someway I can disable this. I have tried the following things so
far and none of them have seemed to work :

1. Disable the color printing option from kprinter properties dialog.
2. Tried to install a new filter which would have let me use a tool like a2ps
   or enscript or mp. Sure there is an enscript filter but I have faced a
   problem with that too. Apparently the input that this filter is getting is
   postscript and I am not able to find a filter which will convert postscript
   to text.
3. Enabled the tick in HTML settings which says "Printer friendly settings
   (black text, no background)". This seems to make no difference.
4. Tried to create a pseudo printer (for mp) which would have used the output
   of kmail and printed it in PS on my printer.
5. This one works. Save the message and then parse this through mp.

Isn't there some way by which I can ask it to print in no background and black
text regardless of the colors that I am using for kmail ? Also can't I just
get plain text from kmail which I parse through mp or something. The %in that
the kprinter seems to be using is postscript itself. Can't I get plain text
for this (%in). I have checked the FAQ, manual, tutorials but nowhere can I
get an answer for this.

Please excuse me if this is kmail's fault and not kdeprints. Please let me
know if this is the case and I will take the query to kmail mailing list.

Thanks in advance,
Vikas