List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] hi everybody !
From:       Maarten Stolte <Maarten.Stolte () veronica ! nl>
Date:       2001-07-08 13:11:18

On Sunday 08 July 2001 13:43, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> The calendar server is different. People want group scheduling and a
> server is one way to achieve this. There are other ways as well and
> it's quite clear what is required to implement it. The problem is that
> there is no open source calendar server and writing one is way too much
> work for the developers currently working on the kde-pim apps. Ideas
> how to solve that problem are welcome.

Hi,

at my previous job we built an Intranet, which we were hoping to get some
kind of advanced scheduling into. I searched the opensource archives for a
long time back then, but only found plans, based on libical etc. , so I'm
convinced there's not really something out there.
Yet..
IIRC Evolution was going to have a server side for calendaring, as would
Aetheria. I also found this project working on a calendaring server part,
http://freshmeat.net/projects/citadeluxbbssoftware/ .
The best thing to do if these projects succeed is to build either plugins to
these servers, or if someone has the time, build some kind of server which
translates these into a xml stream kinda like jabber does.

Maarten