List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: request for abbrowser change
From:       Mirko Boehm <mirko.boehm () home ! com>
Date:       2001-05-02 23:27:21

Gregory Stern wrote:

> Hello.  Given that syncing to kab via abbrowser appears to be working (I've
> heard no complaints yet, so either it's working and people are happy or no
> one's attempted to use it), I was wondering if anyone has time to add at
> least minimal functionality of folders into abbrowser.
Hi,
I planned to work on this after the KDE 2.2 release.

I basicly plan to add a field of the type string list to the entry
objects that is used to store a path. Example:

Entry 1: "A, B"
Entry 2: "D"
Entry 3: "D"
Entry 4: "A, B"
Entry 5: "A, C"

Entry 2 and 3 will be in the same top level group. Entry 1 and 4 too.
Entry 5 will be on its own.

The name of the field will be path.

The advantage of the approach is that applications may or may not ignore
it, and it can be done without any incompatibilities.

Any comments?

--Mirko.

--
I am wrong.