List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] i18n bugs in kaddressbook
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2008-09-22 10:04:43

Am Montag 22 September 2008 11:47:07 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 07:06:01PM +0200, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Am Freitag 19 September 2008 17:29:39 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
>
> Hej Burkhard,
>
> > Lot's of these i18n bugs are fixed now, but a few issues are still
> > remaning:
> >
> > "Default Table View" in menu View is not translatable, this is a really
> > old bug, has been in kde3
>
> Hmm, that string is part of a kcfg file, no idea how translation is handled
> there...
>
> > "Protocol"
> > "Adress"
> > "Note: Please read the help page before adding or editing Instant
> > Messaging Addresses here."
> > These messages from kaddressbook/editors/imeditorbase.ui are properly
> > extracted and translated, but the translations are _not_ displayed at
> > runtime.
>
> The previous patch removed the 'kaddressbook' catalog, where all these
> strings are translated in... so it should be added again.

Definitely no, kaddresbook.po is used automatically:

KAddressBookApp->PimApplication->KUniqueApplication->KApplication

All kde apps use the message catalogs "applicationname".po, kdelibs4.po,
kio4.po, kdeqt.po, libphonon.po via KApplication:
kdelibs/kdecore/localization/klocale.cpp:
    // do not use insertCatalog here, that would already trigger
updateCatalogs
    catalogNames.append( mainCatalog );   // application catalog

    // catalogs from which each application can draw translations
    numberOfSysCatalogs = 4;
    catalogNames.append("kdeqt");
    catalogNames.append("kdelibs4");
    catalogNames.append("kio4");
    catalogNames.append("libphonon");

> > "Homepage:" from
> > kaddressbook/addresseeeditorwidget.cpp
> > label = new QLabel( i18nc( "<urlLabel>:", "%1:",
> > KABC::Addressee::urlLabel() ), tab1 );
> > is properly extracted and translated, but I see no translation.
>
> No idea why...

:-(

I will contact Chusslove Illich/Albert Astals Cid/kde-i18n-doc about these
bugs.

--
Burkhard Lück