List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] K-Mail with a QT-Messenger: RS.
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-26 21:01:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Actually, I meant the kde-pim (not kdepim) mailing list.

[Moving this thread to the kde-pim mailing list and doing a full quote
since I'm not sure this particular message was sent to the kde-pim
mailing list. Please send replies only to kde-pim@kde.org.]

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 11:29, Michael Schmidt wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Michael Schmidt said:
> > > as I was told (not time yet to search yor SVN code), K-Mail (as
> > > well withing K-PIM) is based on QT gui.
> >
> > It's "KMail" not "K-Mail" :).
> >
> > > (2) to integrate an Instant Messenger into K-Mail
> >
> > KMail already has loosely integrated IM functionality, for 4 years
> > now.  It works together with Kopete, Konversation, and Licq.
> >
> > If you rightclick on a contact in Kopete and choose 'Properties'
> > then set an Addressbook Association, that addressbook contact, when
> > their email is viewed in kmail, or in kaddressbook itself, will
> > show presence in the mail headers, and allow you to start a chat by
> > right clicking.  It works similarly in Konversation (rightclick
> > someone in the channel list and set addressbook association).  I
> > have not tested Licq.
> >
> > Will
>
> Ups, will thanks for the answer, very developped Kmail, I search for
> a few days now for a good mail client, and KMail was the last I
> discovered.
>
> - Would it be possible, that Kopete integrates RS serverless IM
> protocol? - Is Kopete as well QT?
> - If there is a common adress book, is this developed by KMail? Then
> we should add PGP singatures to the Adressbook entries, is there
> field for that? (As RS has the PGP_Signature as the Adress for
> chatting a user).

I'm not sure whether this has already been answered. In any case, the
answer is that KAddressBook does already support storing OpenPGP keys
and S/MIME certificates for each address book entry. Of course, only
the IDs/fingerprints of the keys/certificates are stored in the address
book entries.

> All that given, would KMail support an integration of RS into Kopete?

I think this has already been answered elsewhere.

> And then.. would Kopete and KMail be interested in beeing the clients
> for OpenOffice?

I suggest having a look at Kontact (kontact.kde.org) instead of just
KMail.

Regards,
Ingo