List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] State of the community and websites
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-30 23:21:56

On Sunday 01 October 2006 00:01, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> 1) Do we really want to keep the "special" blue look? The revised look
> would have (soon, once the artists create one) a PIM or Kontact logo in the
> upper-right -- see the aKademy site vs. www.kde.org for instance.

I have no real objections against moving pim.kde.org to the new look. It still
would be nice to make it distinguishable from other sites, so that people
know where they are. Nuances of logo usage are hardly adequate for this.

> 2) Do we really need the site at all? The point of pim.kde.org was to
> contain developer information for PIM and express some of the developer
> community like the Osnabruck meetings. The developer information itself
> could easily be put under developer.kde.org -- a page "what's special about
> PIM" for instance. The community things -- giving the PIM project a face --
> could move to the kontact website.

developer.kde.org is already pretty impossible to navigate. Adding KDE PIM
stuff there doesn't really help. I also still think that the community aspect
should be separated from the product presentation.

> 3) Do we have any plan to get the user website kontact.kde.org up and
> running again? It has not updated much in over a year either. Suppose we
> could get content -- from the user list for instance, where Alex, Art and
> Anne have been doing a really good job running support -- how should we
> publish it?

We should get it up and running. If there are user who would want to help,
great.