List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] "Unable to save Event" error
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-10 13:25:14

On Saturday 09 September 2006 23:59, Neil McLeod wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can no longer make appointments or tasks in KOrganizer. The message I get
> is "Unable to save Event foo." This started happening after I did the
> following:
>
> -Deleted a calendar resource that I never store events on anymore (it's not
> my default calendar)
> -Went to Settings > Sidebar and deselected "Show Resource View" as well as
> "Show Resource Buttons"
>
> My Default Calendar appointments are still showing up, and looking at the
> properties for my Default Calendar shows that the file is not read-only.
> Going back to Settings > Sidebar and reselecting "Show Resource View" as
> well as "Show Resource Buttons" does not fix the problem.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I bet your default calendar has been marked as read-only somehow.

Go into the Control Center->KDE Components->KDE Resources.
Select your Default Calendar and press the [Edit] button.
In the dialog that pops-up make sure the Read-only toggle isn't set.

KDE: Same Thing We Do Everyday... Try to Conquer the World