List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] PROPOSAL: kdepimlibs/kdepimcore
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-26 21:49:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Samstag, 20. Mai 2006 20:57 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> Does this separation makes sense for us? We have quite some UI independent
> code, but I'm not sure we can separate this into one library. We might want
> to factor out some UI dependencies from some of our libraries, e.g. libkabc
> or libkcal, but in general it probably would be a huge task, which I'm not
> sure we are ready for.

Ok, Allen asked me to comment, so here we go: We have a really dependecy
problem with libkdepim. It contains a lot of classes that do not belong into
the lib itself. example: diffalgo.h belongs into a core class, all its child
classes belong into kabc, libkcal, etc. this way. Thus we would have
kdepimcore as one common library.

Allen volunteered to go through libkdepim in the next days and look through
the class dependencies. Then we will see which combination makes most sense.
I just think that having a "core" library might be useful, but let's see.

Just my 2 cents,
  Daniel