List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] missing includes
From:       Volker Krause <volker.krause () rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2006-05-11 14:35:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:00, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> one of our user reported[1] a missing include (namely kdateedit.h) that
> is not installed by libkdepim (Makefile.am only installs
> kdepimmacros.h) whereas he claim this header is documented in the devel
> documentation.
>
> Could you please update the include_HEADERS from libkdepim/Makefile.am
> of kdepim to include kdateedit.h (and possibly other forgotten
> headers) ?

Sorry, libkdepim and most other libraries in kdepim are not supposed to be
used by anything outside of kdepim. They are just a way to share code between
the applications in kdepim and don't guarantee binary compatibility, not even
source compatibility between releases. If you want to use them nevertheless,
you'll need to copy the needed headers from the kdepim sources.

However, we are working on changing this for KDE4.

regards
Volker