List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Kontact and KMail crashes
From:       Stefan Walkner <walkner.stefan () sbg ! at>
Date:       2006-01-27 21:49:57

Hello,

I hope I got the right list to post this report to:

system info:
kdepim from svn 3.5 branch
kdelibs-3.5.0
gcc i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.4

The problem can be reproduced (on my installation) as follows:

= setup
1) Kontact with KMail as startupPlugin
2) KMail displays its SystemTray
= problem trace
3) start Kontact
    --> Kontact window with KMail and KMail Systray appears
4) right click in taskbar onto the kontact (kmail) window and "To Desktop"
<some other desktop>
5) go to this desktop and click on the KMail Systray
    --> Kontact (KMail) window hides
6) go to another desktop and start kontact (another instance - although only
one instance is allowed)
7) Kontact (KMail) crashes with following error:
FAILURE (KCmdLineArgs):
Application requests for isSet("module") but the "module" option
has never been specified via addCmdLineOptions( ... )

It seems kdepim/kontact/src/main.cpp line 112 is responsible:
  if ( args->isSet( "module" ) ) {
    moduleName = QString::fromLocal8Bit( args->getOption( "module" ) );
  }

KCmdLineArgs does not find a valid "module" element in its list and therefore
exits.

I hope anyone read till here, was able to reproduce the behavior and is
willing to track this problem down.

If you need any further information please ask and I gladly will try provide
it.

Thank you very much in advance,
stefan walkner