List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Bug forwarding HTML messages
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-14 4:46:57

On Monday 14 November 2005 06:28, Holger Mueller wrote:
> On Sunday 13 November 2005 15:39, you wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 November 2005 08:51, Holger Mueller wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just found a bug with kmail 1.8.3 which can not forward a
> > > HTML message (just HTML without plain text) correctly. In the
> > > message composer I get the message including all the HTML code.
> > > When sending the content type is set to text/plain so
> > > everything gets broken for the receiver as well. If I set this
> > > message to text/html (by adding some HTML formated text) all
> > > the forwarded HTML code gets converted to e.g. &lt;br&gt; So
> > > same result.
> > >
> > > I do not know since when this bug is in but as far as I
> > > remember this bug did not happen with kmail from KDE 3.4.0.
> >
> > I can't reproduce with the current development version.

Same here, although it's been awhile since I synced with HEAD.

> > Make sure
> > that you view the message as HTML message if you don't want to
> > have raw HTML code in your reply/forwarded message. If you see
> > the raw HTML code in the preview pane, then you'll also get it in
> > the reply/forwarded message.

Yes I'm experiencing this (perfectly ok and reasonable) behavior also.

> > If this doesn't work for you then file a bug at bugs.kde.org with
> > detailed description and example messages exhibiting the problem.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ingo
>
> My preview is ok. Kmail says that it is a HTML message. If I view
> the Mail source I can see that it is a no multi-part message with
> only one Content-type: text/html. Otherwise Kmail always uses the
> text/plain part of the message (as Reinhold Kainhofer wrote). This
> might be the problem. If you like I can send you a test mail from
> my company account (they use Lotus Notes). I do not know how to
> produce a text/html-only message with Kmail (to reproduce this on
> your own).
>
> If it is really necessary I can produce a kde bug report ...

Of course Ingo can talk for himself, but maybe that would be best.
Personally I have 250 KMail bug reports marked as requiring further
attention currently.

Don Sanders.