List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Bug forwarding HTML messages
From:       Holger Mueller <xmr001 () euhm ! de>
Date:       2005-11-13 20:28:22

On Sunday 13 November 2005 15:39, you wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 08:51, Holger Mueller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just found a bug with kmail 1.8.3 which can not forward a HTML
> > message (just HTML without plain text) correctly. In the message
> > composer I get the message including all the HTML code. When sending
> > the content type is set to text/plain so everything gets broken for
> > the receiver as well. If I set this message to text/html (by adding
> > some HTML formated text) all the forwarded HTML code gets converted
> > to e.g. &lt;br&gt; So same result.
> >
> > I do not know since when this bug is in but as far as I remember this
> > bug did not happen with kmail from KDE 3.4.0.
>
> I can't reproduce with the current development version. Make sure that
> you view the message as HTML message if you don't want to have raw HTML
> code in your reply/forwarded message. If you see the raw HTML code in
> the preview pane, then you'll also get it in the reply/forwarded
> message.
>
> If this doesn't work for you then file a bug at bugs.kde.org with
> detailed description and example messages exhibiting the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

My preview is ok. Kmail says that it is a HTML message. If I view the Mail
source I can see that it is a no multi-part message with only one
of the message (as Reinhold Kainhofer wrote). This might be the problem.
If you like I can send you a test mail from my company account (they use
Lotus Notes). I do not know how to produce a text/html-only message with
Kmail (to reproduce this on your own).

If it is really necessary I can produce a kde bug report ...

Thanks so far.
Holger