List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: KDE 3.5 release plan.
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-29 23:05:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 05:38, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 07:47, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 03:01, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > It's a bit quick for me. I might make a standalone release of a
> > > modified Kontact/KMail with client side imap filtering in this
> > > case.
> >
> > I don't understand. Didn't you already commit your changes? At
> > least the changes in the filter dialog are already in.
>
> Yes I'm happy about that. I thought I had that change pretty well
> debugged before it was committed but Carsten and Till found some
> bugs.
>
> I'm talking about supporting imap folders as destination of filters
> which requires (something like) the action scheduler(1) (also as was
> discussed earlier this should also make filtering, especially spam
> filtering less blocking).
>
> I have to update the code so that an action scheduler is associated
> with each account, and so that for each action scheduler a hidden
> (but permanent) folder is created (again as we discussed earlier).
> Maybe this will take one day per account (that should be a
> conservative estimate with a wide margin of safety).
>
> I'll try to fix all the bugs I can find before sending a patch to the
> list for review. But I would like to have a margin of safety of 6
> weeks to debug this code after it has been committed and before it is
> released. (Since as Carsten and Till have shown it seems prudent to
> expect some debugging to required after I commit). Especially I could
> do with help testing disconnected imap as I still don't use such an
> account.

I know that you usually don't work this way but I think you should
consider opening a work branch to develop your changes in svn. This
would make it easier to track your changes and spot possible problems
and it would make it possible to help you. Moreover, your changes can't
get lost if they are in svn.

Regards,
Ingo