List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Losing data in korganizer/kontact
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-29 22:52:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 08:49, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> > You have to enable interval checking if you want the locally cached
> > data to be synchronized regularly with the server.
>
> I have. Didn't help, though. I've activated interval uploads/checking
> for both the mail account and the "save calendar" feature. After
> restarting kontact the uploads started to work again. I usually don't
> have that kind of a problem with kontact, but once or twice in a
> month I do have it. I did have it with KDE 3.3.dunnowhat, but I hoped
> that it would be gone with 3.4.x, but yesterday it happened with
> 3.4.1. I'm perfectly aware that this is not a useful bug report on my
> part, but I'd only like to point out that kontact, in its current
> state, is unreliable. And being unreliable is unacceptable for
> corporate use.

There is a bug in Kontact/KMail which can cause interval checking to
stop under certain circumstances. We/I haven't been able to track down
this bug yet. But even if interval checking (and thus syncing) stops
working the events should still be stored in the local IMAP cache. So
there must be a second bug somewhere.

Regards,
Ingo