List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP namespaces
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2005-05-15 21:55:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 22:38 schrieb Matt Douhan:
> 1, What ARE namespaces and what are they used for?

I'd like to know that too.

> 2, I have a uw-IMAP server, can I do anything to help debug that problems
> with duplicated folders?

Our department's mail server is also uw-imap. After these discussions, I thinK
I better stick with pim 3.4, until all the problems are ironed out and the
upgrade is smooth and is just working. As a user I simply want to start the
new version of kmail and have it work just like the old version, without any
reconfiguration necessary (let alone any dangerous reconfig that might
possibly nuke your homedir, where I have all the work of the last few years
(yes, I have backups, but their reason is definitly not for cases when KMail
causes problems).

On a side note: When I set up the account, it took me a while to figure out
why kmail would lock up every time after it was running for a minute or so:
it happened when the mail check was triggered, and since initially I didn't
use a prefix, it tried to list the whole home dir. A typical user won't even
be able to track down this problem.

Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria
email: reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/