List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Logging in on LDAP server
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-12-21 8:48:18

Jan de Visser írta:
> On December 19, 2004 09:40 am, Tijmen Stam wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>My university has an LDAP server which asks me to log in, but I can't seem
>>to get it to work: I can't find where I should put my domainname\loginname.
>>Or does this only work on windows?

It should work with SASL authentication, where do you want to use LDAP
actually? (Contact resource, KAddressBook ldap search dialog or in
konqueror only with ldap:// urls?)
In the contact resource configuration, you can enter your username (I
guess the domain name should be go to the 'realm' field), just select
SASL as the authentication method.
I guess you need NTLM as the authentication method, (I only tried AD
with Kerberos-GSSAPI - it works) for this you also need to install the
cyrus-sasl NTLM plugin. And don't try this on earlier version than KDE 3.3.

Bye,
György