List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Logging in on LDAP server
From:       Szombathelyi "György" <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-12-21 19:44:05

2004. december 20. 15.54 dátummal Jan de Visser ezt írta:
> On December 19, 2004 09:40 am, Tijmen Stam wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > My university has an LDAP server which asks me to log in, but I can't
> > seem to get it to work: I can't find where I should put my
> > domainname\loginname. Or does this only work on windows?

I've experimented a bit with an AD, and the results are:
- The only SASL methods which are usable with AD is GSSAPI and GSS-SPNEGO. I
don't know much about GSS-SPNEGO, but GSSAPI works (if you get a TGT from the
Kerberos server before).
- The authentication method on the screenshot is simple authentication, with a
bind dn as DOMAINNAME\Username. Try this in konqueror:
ldap://unimaas\Piet.Janssen@ldap.unimaas.nl/CN=Users,DC=localdomain
You can set up the contacts resource in a similar way.

I don't know what the Secure Password Authentication on the screenshot means,
in POP3/IMAP/SMTP this means NTLM authentication, but AD doesn't report NTLM
as a supported SASL authentication mechanism. Maybe GSS-SPNEGO is the same as
NTLM?

I hope I could help.

Bye,
György