List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP resource and online IMAP
From:       Jan de Visser <jdevisser () digitalfairway ! com>
Date:       2004-12-21 2:10:26

On December 20, 2004 03:45 pm, Till Adam wrote:
> I have not
> been in a great hurry to make that work again, since practical experience
> has shown online imap to be less than ideal for this kind of thing and
> everyone quickly switched to dimap, for resource folders. It's possible to
> make it work again, but I'm not sure it's worth it, to be honest.

Well, it works (worked?) for me. My usecase may be fairly specific: I use a
notebook, which I hardly ever use outside of work and home. I also have a
good speed link with work. Using IMAP gives me the advantage of my stuff
being backed up at work, and not clogging my harddisk.

But maybe I should try dIMAP again. If I still don't like it, I'll bitch again
so you can give me some pointers :)

JdV!!