List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] IMAP resource and online IMAP
From:       Till Adam <adam () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-20 20:45:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 20 December 2004 16:37, Jan de Visser wrote:

> Since last week, the IMAP (kolab) resource doesn't work for online IMAP
> anymore. Is there a reason for that other than "somebody broke something"?
> If not, I'll go and see if I can figure out what broke tonight.
>
> One thing I noticed that the old 'imap' resource does not exist anymore,
> and that it uses the 'kolab' resource now. Could it be that the hacks Till
> put in the IMAP resource pre-3.3 to make online IMAP work didn't make it in
> the kolab resource?

Correct. The kolab resource deprecates and replaces the imap one and does not
contain all of the code that is needed to work with online imap. I have not
been in a great hurry to make that work again, since practical experience has
shown online imap to be less than ideal for this kind of thing and everyone
quickly switched to dimap, for resource folders. It's possible to make it
work again, but I'm not sure it's worth it, to be honest.

Till