List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] SASL authentication enhancements
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-09-09 10:45:01

Hello!
>>Before you ask: I know that KMail should work with POP3 and SMTP in
>>Kdebase 3.3, but the changes in KMail are only two new options, which
>>will have no meaning, if it will be used with the previous ioslaves.
>

> Can you please hide the new options if the kioslave doesn't support the
> new functionality. The easy solution is of course the usage of some
> well-placed #if's, but ideally the check would be done on runtime, so
> that one doesn't have to recompile KMail for usage on KDE 3.4 if one
> has used KMail HEAD with KDE 3.3 before.

If there are other #if's for checking kdelibs version (in other parts of
kdepim), it should be easy to add some others. But if not, I don't want
to introduce them for two options only.
And how can check the version of the ioslave? Maybe returning a special
metadata with the actual version of kio_pop3 and kio_smtp?

Bye,
György