List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: Identities in KOrganizer
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2004-09-09 10:40:50

On Thursday 09 September 2004 08:13, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> And I don't see why it is not good to share name and email address. If you
> have set this up in kmail, why do you need to do so in other applications
> also?

Actually you don't, since KMail writes to the emaildefaults file
(using the KEmailSettings class from kio), and other apps can use that.
E.g. KOrganizer uses this if you check "use settings from control center"
[which should be checked by default IMHO].

Sharing the list of name and email addresses for the current user is already
done, see KEmailSettings.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer