List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdenonbeta/uirtk
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-09-04 22:08:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 04 September 2004 19:53, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Saturday 04 September 2004 19:36, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > To use it, just use -lkuiextractor in your LDADD, and install the event
> > filter by calling installUIExtractorEventFilter() somewhere in your
> > application. Once this is done, you can extract any portion / widget /
> > dialog of you application to a .ui file by simple pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt
> > and double-clicking with the right-mousebutton on the widget.
>
> Oh, forgot to add that you need to run the application with debug=1, e.g.
> debug=1 korganizer

Okay, another update: I simplified this again, so that the event filter is now
automatically installed as soon as the library is loaded. You don't even need
to modify your application any more. Just set LD_PRELOAD and run any kde/qt
application, and you will have the functionality available there. E.g:

LD_PRELOAD=libkuiextractor.so kontact

Actually, the ui extraction is also quite useful to figure out layouting
problems (see e.g. the current kontact summary view:
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/Kontact_SummaryView.ui). The huge empty
spaces in the summary view were actually caused by reall spacer items that
were inserted manually.
I removed them, and now together with Tobias' fixes (grid layout changed to
two VBoxLayouts) the summary view looks beautiful again...

Reinhold

PS: David or Kalle, this might be a nice use for your shoot-a-bug, which is
also useful together with the ui extractor: Shift+Alt+Left click makes the
widget blink, that will be extracted by the ui extractor... (That was
actually what I've been doing all along. However, your shootabug.h doesn't
contain any copyright/license information, so I couldn't include it here). If
you think it can be included in this library, feel free to merge the
shoot-a-bug event filter with ours (or just tell me).
Eventually, the kuiextractor will be moved from kdenonbeta to kdesdk.