List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] SASL authentication enhancements
From:       Szombathelyi "György" <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-09-04 22:48:27

Hello!

I'm finished with converting the main ioslaves from KDESasl to the cyrus-sasl
libraries. It supports more authentication mechanisms. The most important
additions are supporting NTLM and GSSAPI, but in theory it should work with
any cyrus-sasl plugin. The attached diffs contains the patches for POP3,
SMTP, IMAP4 and SIEVE ioslaves, and also a small patch for KMail to allow
selecting NTLM and GSSAPI mechanisms. I tested all the four protocols with
cyrus-imapd and sendmail, both unencrypted and TLS/SSL. I tested the LOGIN,
PLAIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, NTLM and GSSAPI mechanisms with the same
servers.
The attached configure.in.in and configure.in.bot should be placed in
kdepim/kioslaves and kdebase/kioslave.
Before you ask: I know that KMail should work with POP3 and SMTP in Kdebase
3.3, but the changes in KMail are only two new options, which will have no
meaning, if it will be used with the previous ioslaves.
If there will be no objections, I'm planning to commit somewhen next week.

Bye,
György

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu

["kdepim/kioslaves/configure.in.bot" (text/plain)]

if test -z "$SASL2_LIBS"; then
  echo ""
  echo "cyrus-sasl 2 library is missing. The sieve ioslave will not be built, and \
imap4 will lack of a lot of authentication opportunities."  echo ""
  all_tests=bad
fi

["kdebase/kioslave/configure.in.bot" (text/plain)]

if test -z "$SASL2_LIBS"; then
  echo ""
  echo "cyrus-sasl 2 library is missing. The pop3 and smtp ioslavewill lack of a lot \
of authentication opportunities."  echo ""
  all_tests=bad
fi

["kdebase/kioslave/configure.in.in" (text/plain)]

KDE_CHECK_SSL

sasl2_header="no"
SASL2_LIBS=""

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sasl.h)dnl SASL1 header is enough for kio_ldap
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sasl/sasl.h, sasl2_header="yes")
if test "$sasl2_header" = "yes" ; then
  AC_CHECK_LIB(sasl2, sasl_client_init, SASL2_LIBS="-lsasl2")
fi

if test "x$SASL2_LIBS" != "x" ; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(HAVE_LIBSASL2, 1, [Define if you have cyrus-sasl2 libraries])
fi
AC_SUBST(SASL2_LIBS)

AM_CONDITIONAL(compile_kio_sieve, test -n "$SASL2_LIBS")

["kdepim/kioslaves/configure.in.in" (text/plain)]

KDE_CHECK_SSL

sasl2_header="no"
SASL2_LIBS=""

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sasl/sasl.h, sasl2_header="yes")
if test "$sasl2_header" = "yes" ; then
  AC_CHECK_LIB(sasl2, sasl_client_init, SASL2_LIBS="-lsasl2")
fi

if test "x$SASL2_LIBS" != "x" ; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(HAVE_LIBSASL2, 1, [Define if you have cyrus-sasl2 libraries])
fi
AC_SUBST(SASL2_LIBS)

AM_CONDITIONAL(compile_kio_sieve, test -n "$SASL2_LIBS")

["kdepim-sasl.diff.gz" (application/x-gzip)]
["kdebase-sasl.diff.gz" (application/x-gzip)]