List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] ical handling library
From:       Helge Hess <helge.hess () opengroupware ! org>
Date:       2004-08-30 19:57:29

On Aug 30, 2004, at 21:40, Dan Winship wrote:
> (Our plan was to do something GObject-based, to use the existing GNOME
> bindings-generating machinery, like we already do for EVCard.)

Hm, so I guess that this will actually happen:
   GNOME: GObject based iCal lib
   KDE:   C++ based iCal lib
   OGo:   Objective-C based iCal lib (already available, but untested)

Since I think that all developers prefer their "own" environment to fix
the annoying libical issue ;-) Is there any chance (or reason) to avoid
that and do something together in plain C?

Besides what happens after Evo 2.0, Kontact 3.3 and OGo 1.0 - is there
any chance to put up a shared "legacy" libical for distributors _now_?
I think thats why Sebastian initially asked - on Debian he needs to
package a separate libical for OGo even though Evo and Kontact already
provide one (but apparently not as a small package, but somewhere deep
inside the environment).

regards,
   Helge
--