List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontact Polishing
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-03-20 21:13:23

On Saturday 20 March 2004 03:47 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 20 March 2004 18:06, Allen Winter wrote:
> >
> >  * The splash screen could be prettier.  Is it a good idea to
> > "hard-code" the components into the image?
>
> No. The other question is if we need a splash-screen at all.

I just removed the splash-screen from my personal copy.
Seems fine without it.  I like it better this way, personally.

> >  * The kontact icon tooltip says "Personal Information Manager".
> >     The tooltip should match the description on the splash?
> > ("Groupware Client").
>
> Well, Kontact is a "Personal Information Manager" much more than a
> "Groupware client", so the tooltip is correct.

Right.  The splash-screen needs to be fixed (or eliminated).

> The splash screen shouldn't contain a text at all, because it's hard to
> translate.

Yep.

> > * I get two Tip-of-the-Days when I start
> > kontact.  The first one seems to be from kmail and the other from
> > korganizer.
>
> Danimo?
>
> >  * The kontact icon doesn't stand out very well in my light grey
> > panel. I guess the icon could use a little polish.
>
> Agreed.
>
> >  * The Todo List and Calendar icons on the left panel area a little
> > too similar.
>
> Agreed.
>
> We really need better Kontact icons. Unfortunately there are almost no
> artists working on KDE and especially kdepim.

Should I ask for volunteers on kde-artists or kde-quality?

> > Configuration (Settings->Configure Kontact menu):
> >  * What is the difference between the big Configure button and the
> > Summary configuration?
>
> The Configure button is for selecting which apps are embedded in
> Kontact. The Summary configuration is only for the summary view (which
> depends on which apps are selected to be embedded).

OK.  Maybe the Configure button should be relabeled to... "Select Apps to Embed"??
or "Embedded Applications" or...?