List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Kontact Polishing
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-20 20:47:00

On Saturday 20 March 2004 18:06, Allen Winter wrote:

>  * The splash screen could be prettier.  Is it a good idea to
> "hard-code" the components into the image?

No. The other question is if we need a splash-screen at all.

>  * The kontact icon tooltip says "Personal Information Manager".
>     The tooltip should match the description on the splash?
> ("Groupware Client").

Well, Kontact is a "Personal Information Manager" much more than a
"Groupware client", so the tooltip is correct.

The splash screen shouldn't contain a text at all, because it's hard to
translate.

> * I get two Tip-of-the-Days when I start
> kontact.  The first one seems to be from kmail and the other from
> korganizer.

Danimo?

>  * The kontact icon doesn't stand out very well in my light grey
> panel. I guess the icon could use a little polish.

Agreed.

>  * The Todo List and Calendar icons on the left panel area a little
> too similar.

Agreed.

We really need better Kontact icons. Unfortunately there are almost no
artists working on KDE and especially kdepim.

> Configuration (Settings->Configure Kontact menu):
>  * What is the difference between the big Configure button and the
> Summary configuration?

The Configure button is for selecting which apps are embedded in
Kontact. The Summary configuration is only for the summary view (which
depends on which apps are selected to be embedded).