List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Ideas on Reply-To-List
From:       André Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-28 7:21:12

>On November 27, 2003 10:33 pm, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>I don't know. The old logic always just seemed to "just work" for me. I
> never had problems with it. Now this new logic causes nothing but problems
> for me, and I see lots of other people complaining about the same thing.
> All I know is that this change has made KMail infinitely less useable for
> me, and others I have talked with as well. We have pretty much given up on
> reading lists with it, and starting to use KNode again.

Well... you not being subscribed is more a pain than the new KMail logic to
me, but ok...
What I did was add the replyToList button to the toolbar on the place where
the reply button used to be. Thing is, if you hit the replyToList button for
a normal email, the normal reply will be used. Pretty much like your proposal
(to wich I agree, by the way). I also think that the default reply should
work like you describe, and giving the separate reply modes their own
keyboard shortcut and (initially hidden) toolbar button. By default using a
dropdown button like the one for Forward would be a good option.

André

--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant