List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Korganizer and timezones (again)
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 8:12:43

On Friday 28 November 2003 01:13, Shaheed wrote:

> As far as I can see, the problem is that the DTSTART value is not in UTC,
> but ICalFormatImpl::readICalDateTime() makes no attempt to use the timezone
> information that is present.

Yes, at the moment we don't handle times with an explicitly given timezone
different than UTC. If there is no option to generate the files with UTC, we
won't be able to read them correctly. Maybe it would work to set the timezone
in KOrganizer to UTC, then the times will be taken as they are written to the
file.

> Some serious reworking seems to be needed before there is any hope that
> this will work as expected...or did I miss something here?

After 3.2 we will switch to a newer libical version which is supposed to have
more complete timezone handling.