List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Ideas on Reply-To-List
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 3:24:19

On November 27, 2003 10:33 pm, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> "merely right-clicks". That's easy to say for someone who doesn't have
> problems using a mouse. But some people can't use the mouse. They can
> only use the keyboard and therefore it has to be possible to reply only
> to the original author with a keyboard shortcut. That's what the new
> behavior of Reply provides:
> r -> reply to original sender
> l -> reply to mailing-list
> a -> reply to the sender and all (known) recipients
> Can it get easier than this?

Actually it could get a lot easier. This means that I have to think about which key
I want to hit when I reply, something I should not have to do. IMO the intelligent
option I offered would be MUCH easier.

However, you already explained why that did not work in the past because people
did not check who messages were being sent to.

Perhaps, this could be a feature you can turn on? "Intelligent Reply"? Off by default \
even?

> Why that? For non-mailing-list messages using Reply to Mailing-list
> should work exactly the same as Reply. So you can simply always use
> Reply to Mailing-list.

Yes, except now this breaks BKO replys, sending them to the development list instead \
of 12345@bugs.kde.org. Before, the old behaviour handled this fine; it replied to the \
bug number to BKO emails, but to the list ID to development list emails.

I don't know. The old logic always just seemed to "just work" for me. I never had \
problems with it.  Now this new logic causes nothing but problems for me, and I see \
lots of other people complaining about the same thing. All I know is that this change \
has made KMail infinitely less useable for me, and others I have talked with as well. \
We have pretty much given up on reading lists with it, and starting to use KNode \
again.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org