List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Ideas on Reply-To-List
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 2:33:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 28 November 2003 02:15, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Friday 28 November 2003 01:53 am schrieb Jason Keirstead:
>
> Hi,
>
> please have a look at
>
> 	http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

Nice read. Even KMail is mentioned. ;-)

Reading this brings another reason in favor of the changed behavior of
Reply to my mind: Accessability. The above mentioned document says:
"[...] easily allowing one to reply only to the original author. In
KMail, it is even easier. One merely right-clicks on the hyperlinked
From address."

"merely right-clicks". That's easy to say for someone who doesn't have
problems using a mouse. But some people can't use the mouse. They can
only use the keyboard and therefore it has to be possible to reply only
to the original author with a keyboard shortcut. That's what the new
behavior of Reply provides:
  r -> reply to original sender
  l -> reply to mailing-list
  a -> reply to the sender and all (known) recipients
Can it get easier than this?

BTW, I disagree with the opinion which is presented in the above
mentioned document because many mailing-list managers overwrite the
Reply-to header which the sender has defined with the mailing-list
address and thus make it impossible to send the reply to the sender's
preferred reply-to address.

You might also want to read

Regards,
Ingo