List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Kadress via KPilot via Palm to Sony Ericsson fails
From:       Per =?iso-8859-1?q?=D6berg?= <oberg () isy ! liu ! se>
Date:       2003-08-28 9:03:12

Recently I tried the following:

Entering adresses in Kadressbook and putting them on a PalmV using Kpilot
4.3.9 (I really don't think this is a version issue). So far everything works
fine. The problem occurs when i trasfer them from the PalmV to my new
SonyEricsson T300. If i have entered a Home number, mobile number and email
but not a work number the mobile number is lost during the transfer (If a
work number is entered it works as it should).   If i enter the information
on the PalmV directly and transfer it to my phone it works alright. Looking
at the PalmV everything looks the same.

The reason i post this as a Kpilot issue is that there must be a difference in
how the information is represented in the PalmV. Could there be something
wrong with the format of the Adress entry that is sent to the Palm?

Another idea is that SonyEricsson only accepts Entries in a certain format and
hence this is a bug in SonyEricsson software. If there however were a way to
make the entries from the Kadressbook look as if they were entered direclty
on the Palm this would be very nice.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?
/Per Öberg