List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RE: [Kde-pim] Re: Exchange support for KMail?
From:       "Best, Jan-Pascal van" <j.p.vanbest () tbm ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-17 6:41:41

> IMO WebDav support for KMail / Kontact should be implemented
> if it would be as easy as it seems to me
Go ahead. The code in kdepim/libkpimexchange/core is geared towards
the Exchange Calendar, but there is also some stuff (like the ExchangeAccount class)
that is relevant to all Exchange folders. If you add code to this lib, please retain
the ExchangeClient class as the interface class for outside use.

Take care of the following:
- Getting the mailbox address is tricky. There is code in ExchangeAccount to handle \
                this, though it's not perfect.
- If your exchange server uses secure http, or webdavs in KDE-speak, this needs to be \
                addressed. ExchangeAccount gives you the correct mailbox URL.
- The "Calendar" folder name is internationalised. In French versions, it's named \
"Calendrier" , for instance. I guess the same is true for folders like "Inbox", "Sent \
Items", etc. There's code in ExchangeAccount (again) to get the proper URL of the \
                Calendar, getting the Inbox URL should be similar.
- Emails may be different, but appointment are not stored completely in the .EML \
files. You need to look at the webdav properties of each file, too.

Cheers

Jan-Pascal