List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: Exchange support for KMail?
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-04-16 21:47:06

> The reason it works fine is because Jan-Pascal has put a lot of hard work
> into making the webdav work with exchange :-)  Indeed, there is already
> support (that was shipped in 3.1) for using korganizer with exchange2k.
> Now, if all you want is the email portion, well, KMail works fine with
> Exchange even earlier than 2k, simply using imap (I use it for my work
> email).  As for using webdav as some sort of imap replacement, well, that
> sounds pretty hokey to me :-)
>
> HTH.

There are many people (like me) for whom IMAP is not an option, due to
bullheadedness of network admins or otherwise. After all, Ximian thought
WebDav support was important enough to *change* for it, to the tune of
70 bucks (Ximian connector uses WebDAV). Right now I am *forced* to use
connector because KMail lacks this WebDav support, and I suspect others
would be in the same boat.

IMO WebDav support for KMail / Kontact should be implemented if it would
be as easy as it seems to me

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org