List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Is kroupware good for a very small office?
From:       Marco Menardi <mmenaz () lycosmail ! com>
Date:       2003-02-15 22:46:09

Hi, I've SuSE 8.1 and I'm still waiting for the "suse" distribution of
KDE 3.1, but today I've started experimenting KOrganizer 3.04 to see if
it fits my needs, and I'm afraid the answer is "no". I've read the
Kroupware "konzept" but there is something I'm missing, so I've decided
to ask.
I work in my office with a secretary. I need a software where me and my
secretary can add appointments / notes/ etc. in the same archive at the
same time. We have to share this information, and we need to modify them
even at the same time (scenario: while I'm talking with a customer I
enter an appointment for tomorrow, while my secretary is answering the
phone and writing an appointment for this afternoon, etc.).
Seems to me that KOrganizer is intended only for "personal, not shared"
archives, is it right? (I've run 2 istances of the program against the
same archive, and the last one saved overrides the first one, and not
"automatic sync" is made while working, nor a "refresh" button is
present...).
Will Krupware be good for this? Reading the "konzept" seems to me that
we have to create two different archives / profiles, and every time me
or my secretary has to enter an appointment, has to notify to the other
one to keep sincronized. I think that this will quickly produce errors,
and it's a tedious task.
Is there something I'm missing? Are my needs so uncommon?
thanks a lot
Marco Menardi