List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: [Kroupware] Partial merge of kroupware into HEAD
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2002-11-28 11:18:02

On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:01, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Thursday 28 November 2002 10:03, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:33:41PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > > Hi!
> >
> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > > Also tomorrow, I will likely merge kroupware's KAddressBook into
> > > HEAD. Changes are:
> > > 1. new subdir resourceimap
> >
> > Is kdepim/kaddressbook the right place for it or would kdeaddons or
> > kmail not be better?
>
> KMail? No.
> But if it can be extracted that way, kdeaddons sounds ok.
> Can you it put it there?

So for full groupware support you need kdepim, kdenetwork and kdeaddons?
Seems wrong to me. kdepim should be the place, since this is also nice
for kaplan.

> > > 2. some apparent bugfixes in the other code.
> > > I'd like to hear from kdepim people about (2) and about the merge
> > > of kaddressbook in general. Specifically, I need permission from
> > > someone to merge. The attached patch contains all changes made in
> > > the kroupware_branch outside of the new subdir. [Please CC me]
> >
> > Why did you change the return type from save() from void to bool?
> > I can't see code somewhere that use it.
>
> <snip>
>
> Don't know. Forget that return type change. I'll revert it. We can add
> it again when someone remembers why it was made and starts using it ;-)

As I said earlier, I don't think anyone actually did this on purpose.
Forget about it. I think the thinking behind it was that when save can
fail, it should tell about it.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark