List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: [Kroupware] Partial merge of kroupware into HEAD
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-28 19:03:50

On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:18, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:01, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 November 2002 10:03, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > >
> > > Is kdepim/kaddressbook the right place for it or would kdeaddons
> > > or kmail not be better?
> >
> > KMail? No.

Why not? It's accessing IMAP just as KMail does. It would be quite
logical to put this code together.

> > But if it can be extracted that way, kdeaddons sounds ok.
> > Can you it put it there?
>
> So for full groupware support you need kdepim, kdenetwork and
> kdeaddons? Seems wrong to me. kdepim should be the place, since this
> is also nice for kaplan.

We already have a kabc directory in kdepim. If it's independent of code
in other modules like kmail or kdebase we could put it there.

One problem is that the Resource API isn't public. So in principle
kdelibs would be the only possible location. But maybe we should try to
make this API public with 3.2 anyway.