List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KABC Addresses
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-30 23:50:11

On Monday 30 September 2002 23:54, Anders Lund wrote:

> There is a screenshot below, which clearly shows that formatted
> addresses would be nice btw.

The screenshot convincied me that it makes sense to provide formatted
addresses as Field objects. As this is only used for viewing and not
for editing I don't think that there is a reason to not do it.

For the table view Field objects providing multiple line data don't make
much sense, but this could be filtered. Either the table view just has
to trim the output to one line or the Field object has to provide an
attribute for multiple line data.

> I still think working togeather on making KAddressBook a good and
> flexible tool is much better, how about you?

From what I know all involved developers agree on working together to
provide the best possible address book application for KDE. We have
achieved a lot and in my opinion KDE 3.1 will have the best address
book ever. One of the reasons for that is that we managed to get along
with each other and our different opinions and concentrated on what we
as KDE developers are really good in: getting things done.