List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] new resourcefile with single-file support
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-30 22:41:48

On Sunday 30 June 2002 19:55, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> I've the new version of resourcefile, which store every addressee in
> its own file, on my harddisk now. Is somebody keen on writing a
> converter script, that moves the std.vcf in the new directory
> structure?

I think that is a general problem of all resources. When you switch from
one resource to another in kcmkabc, a dialog should open which offers
to convert the data to the new format. This conversion should then be
done by loading the data wih the old resource and writing it with the
new one.

> I guess I can commit the source only if we have such a script.

Yes, otherwise users would have to put in their data again.

> Furthermore we'll need a better locking mechanism for the
> fileresource now. Holger could you make ResourceFile using
> KSharedFile?

The actual locking could be done by the same mechanism as now. What
needs to be changed is the change notification, because now you don't
have to watch one file, but multiple files. Couldn't this be done by
KDirWatcher?