List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Make KAdd export to CSV Outlook and Evolution compatible
From:       Bryan Brunton <bryanbrun () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-03 15:20:51

You can use all of my code that you want to (its in CVS of SourceForge).  Its all GPLed and you
can apply the LGPL to it if you want to.  I haven't gotten around to changing my license to LGPL.
I use kdelibs code and kde-pim code in my application.

I'm just not sure that you want to.  Writing a CSV file is really simple code.   You iterate
through a list of column labels and then through values.  Append it all to a string that gets
written to file.  The only magic is getting the column labels to be the same as Outlook.

And if for whatever reason you wanted to retain some of your existing column labels that differ
from those used by Outlook, you just write duplicate values that have different column labels.  I
do this in cases where the Outlook label (example: Company) differs from the label that I use
(example: Organization).

Bryan

<< Is it possible for you to share some of your CSV code? If it is already
implemented can we put it in a library for all KDE apps to use? >>