List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Addressbook conduit for KPilot?
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-22 12:46:17

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 05:24 am, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Why ios that bad news for your PDA? For syncing your Palm OS device with
> KAddressbook in KDE 3.1 maybe, but that's not even planned yet. For
> 3.0.1, the address sync still works as planned (I hope?).

As far as I know, yes. I have not touched any code in the 3.0.1 branch, only
3.1. From my understanding we have until late August to get the conduit
working for 3.1.

> > Can someone give me a hint how to handle it in code with new
> > kaddressbook ?

Use libkabc. It is in kdelibs and is somewhat documented. You can use
kaddressbook from HEAD as an example of how to use the library. You should
_not_ require interacting with kaddressbook at all anymore (other than
editing a contact in realtime).

Feel free to write me personally with questions. I have had more experience
with kabc that one could want ;)

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.