List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Date picker
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-21 13:36:53

On Monday 20 May 2002 06:28 pm, Anders Lund wrote:
> > When should this happen? It wouldn't be good, if you made a typo and
> > then the complete line edit would be overwritten instead of giving the
> > chance to correct the entry.
>
> Sorry, wrone order. Pop up a warning, and if it ic canceled, set the null
> date.

As I tried (and failed) to express before, doing this may lead to problems.
There is a good chance that the date edit will only loose focus when the
user clicks the 'Ok' button. This means the parent dialog is in the process
of closing. During this process, if we display a warning dialog, once the
dialog is accepted, the parent dialog will continue to close. This means
the user got a warning for invalid data, then the editor disappeared.

Currently there is no easy way to check that all the data was valid before
the dialog closes. This would need to be added before the date edit could
display a warning.

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.