List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Date picker
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-05-20 22:28:27

On Monday 20 May 2002 13:53, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Monday 20 May 2002 00:20, Anders Lund wrote:
> > One thing that should be easily fixable would be to display the
> > string i18n("None") for unset birthdays and anniversarys. I assume it
> > should return a QDate() which would be a null date?
>
> That makes sense, but how would you delete a birthday? Should there be
> an extra button somewhere or would you just delete the content of the
> line edit, or put in i18n("None") or something else?

Well, for once, the "clear" action of the edit could put it? or would that be
a PITA - maybe. I think like mike, if the date isnøt valid when focus is lost
- or when the dialog is accepted - a warning should be issued. And if the
edit is empty, the date will be null, and "none" pop up next time.

> > And the default action for invalid data should be setting that string
> > and issuing a warning.
>
> When should this happen? It wouldn't be good, if you made a typo and
> then the complete line edit would be overwritten instead of giving the
> chance to correct the entry.

Sorry, wrone order. Pop up a warning, and if it ic canceled, set the null
date.

-anders