List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Date picker
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-20 14:16:42

On Monday 20 May 2002 07:53 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> That makes sense, but how would you delete a birthday? Should there be
> an extra button somewhere or would you just delete the content of the
> line edit, or put in i18n("None") or something else?

If we are going to support this then we definately need a button to do it. A
lot of people do not know that you can type text in the date edit and
making them look it up in the (non-existant) help file is not veryu useful.

> When should this happen? It wouldn't be good, if you made a typo and
> then the complete line edit would be overwritten instead of giving the
> chance to correct the entry.

This would be tough to get right, since the date is not processed until
something requests it from the date edit (or it looses focus). The problem
occurs if the user enters a date, then clicks 'Ok', at some point the
warning dialog will be displayed but the edit dialog will then disappear.

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.