List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] glossary
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-30 21:50:46

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> Please feel free to contribute to our glossary by sending me some
> KDE-PIM-words that you'd like to find there. So we can make this soon an
> official part of our website.

conduit (a software component that ensures that the data in a PDA (pilot)
is consistent with the particular KDE desktop application), hotsync (a
process in which all the data in the pilot is backed-up to the desktop
machine and conduits synchronize some or all of the pilot's data), pilot
(which i use in the general sense of Palm (tm)  Platform Compatible
omputing Device, at this moment including Palm Pilots, Palm Pilot
Professionals, Palm III series, Palm V series, Handspring Visors and Sony
Clies)

> PS: There's also a mail form you can fill out in order to propose a word that
> should be added to the glossary. At the moment, this mail will be sent to my
> mail account. If the list members think that it should be posted to the
> kdepim mailing list, please let me know.

Well, if you can invent the terms when they're asked for and refer any
unknowns to the list, I don't think we all need to deal with them words.
Besides, you'll get conflicting definitions :)