List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] was: KSharedFile
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-12-13 22:18:59

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:23:19PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:

> > But "mobile devices" can be anything, I hope? E.g. a remote computer, not
> > necessarily mobile ;)
> Yes everything you write aplugin for :) KitchenSync will be just a tool for
> coordinating the work :)

Good :) I'm just wondering a bit about the need for the separate application.
Usually we provide functionality to other apps in libraries/components and let
applications make use of it / extend it. And there are frameworks like KParts
or KIO that allow for "plugins" (i.e. parts or kioslaves) that any application
can use.

So it's a bit unusual that the functionality will be provided not by an
extensible library/framework/component, but by an extensible application.

I see the need for a daemon with KPilot to detect when the user presses the
sync-button on his pilot, but isn't this a rather special case?

> PS: Carsten have nice holidays :)

Thanks :)

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer